AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Adopted teen help needed. what to do and where to go.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

happyhog
Posted 6/11/2024 07:55 (#10770869)
Subject: Adopted teen help needed. what to do and where to go.

south dakota
Sort story. Adopted a 13 year old girl. She has been with us a total of 18 months. Very sweet girl to all around but us. Very very manipulative, after finally catching her red handed the other day she would hardly admit to doing what she did and when she did finally admit and claim she told us everything (she did not) she showed no remorse in her actions. My wife was asked by a professional the other day if we have ever seen her so remorse and wife could not come up with a time. Im willing to share more details if someone wants to PM me thru email. Her being in our home has begun to affect my other children in a negative way. She has had a few counselors before our home and during our home. She knows how to speak what the counselor wants to hear and the two counselors she has seen since in our home i think have done more damage then good. We have seen both a christian counselor and a professional counselor and have come to the conclusion that she needs intensive therapeutic counseling for the past troma she has experienced. We reached out to such a counselor and she said she needs very intensive in home treatment such as a specialized boarding school. So there begins my question have any of you delt with anything similar? We thought we had found a place (newport) Took insurance and fit want we were told she needed. Day prior to us taking her there my wife got this gut feeling that something was not right so did some investigation and found that place had some very bad and verified reviews. The place flooded us with emails and calls trying to figure what went wrong and i came to the conclusion that while they may help some they were really after access to our insurance (good insurance) to milk that for all the $$ they could while they had our daughter. So........Any other places that any of you have worked with that worked well. Just when my wife thinks she has googled and found all that are available another place pops up. Im not opposed to a christian place but our experience with a "christian" counselor led me to believe i dont want a christian counselor for her but want a counselor who is a christian. Again she needs a intensive counselor or place that specializes in traumatized teens. The other thing we are running into is the cost. It seems the places that appear to be what she needs (12 month or longer live in intensive therapy) do not take insurance and are cash pay and range from $500 to $750 a day. Ill take any suggestions any of you can offer and any prayers for our situation will also talk more in-depth if you reach out via my email.. Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)