AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Low carb cruise 2024
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 6/21/2024 09:31 (#10782140)
Subject: Low carb cruise 2024

Pittsburg, Kansas

As I have mentioned elsewhere wife and I went on a Low Carb Cruise earlier this year. It is just a normal Caribbean cruise with about 300 of the people as a group doing the low carb thing. We had a dedicated meeting room and speakers that gave their presentations and Q&A's during the "at sea" days when we were not in port (3 at sea days). A person could sit through any, all or none of the presentations. Deb, the organizer, gets pretty good group rates so the cruise costs no more than a person would otherwise pay for a cruise other than the $100-150 fee for the low carb part of it.

I will put links to the presentations so you have access to them should you choose to see what goes on at such a meeting. Not all are appealing to me and not everything would be worth watching for everyone. However certain speakers may speak on subjects that some of you might enjoy.

One of my favorites was the presentation by Ben Bikman on the subject of fats. This has some relavance to the thread just below this one on seed oils but covers much much more than just that. Covers how the body makes and uses fat. Bikman does fat research in his own lab as well as staying very versed on all the literature about the subject. He is a true expert.

Youtube presentations

Audio presentations

Power point slides

That is three days of stuff so a lot there. I certainly don't expect anyone to watch or listen to it all. But in case some subject catches your attention thought I at least would put the links up. I find there is not anything I learn on the cruise for the most part that I could not get on Youtube or elsewhere anyway. But the cruise is a nice getaway and being retired wife and I have to find ways of filling up the days and entertaining ourselves anyway. So why not a cruise? For anyone interested in such a thing wife and I are already booked for next year which will be an Alaska cruise. The Caribbean cruises are pretty cheap. The Alaska cruise not so much. But should be fun. We did an Alaska cruise (then drove up to Alaska in pickup after) a few years ago and enjoyed it then.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)