AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Stock trailer questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Trotwood2955
Posted 6/29/2024 16:50 (#10792339)
Subject: Stock trailer questions

Shenandoah Valley, VA
Hi everyone, been reading the forum for years but this is my first post. Have been thinking about buying another stock trailer to go along with our 20+ year old 20 ft Exiss. I think I’ve searched and read every old AgTalk stock trailer post and know the subject has been covered many times.

Have always wanted a 24 ft to give some extra capacity and get 2 cut gates. Will mainly be used on the road but occasionally around the pasture. Will haul calves to town, cows between farms, and the kids are getting to the age we’ll be going to a few shows every year. Will probably use our Exiss for lots of the off road beating around the farm work.

I know Wilson, Eby, Barrett, etc. are favorites on here and Featherlites tend to get knocked. But are they that bad for the type of use described above? We are just a part-time operation so it won’t get near as much use as many of you. Just want to balance quality with budget and amount of use it will get. If we get anything I’d want it to last a long time. The Exiss has held up fairly well minus some work we’ve had to do on the rear door hinges.

The new Featherlites do look to be lightly built, minimal welds, etc. compared to the other brands mentioned. Just looking for any real world opinions and advice from those that have used them. Also, is a 7x24 (or 7.5x24) too much for a 3/4 ton diesel with bale bed to comfortably handle? Thanks for any opinions!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)