AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Stock trailer wiring day 11?? Beyond frustrated
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

A&M
Posted 6/29/2024 10:20 (#10791895)
Subject: Stock trailer wiring day 11?? Beyond frustrated

Trying to replace some trailer wiring. New lights, wiring, ground and plug. Please read the symptoms before you comment “ground”. Pickup plug works as it should and tests out great on other trailers

Issue #1 With the only the running lights on, it bleeds through the trailer plug and illuminates the other terminals. It also illuminates the light socket, but no bulb. see picture. Multiple plugs and NEW grounds have been used

Issue #2. With the running lights on and the flashers going, the trailer flashers will flash opposites of each other. Marker lights are blank on the trailer. Does not bleed through the plug to other terminals

Issue #3. With JUST the flashers going, we have one that’s really bright and one that’s barely putting out light. The plug is normal except for the marker light post. It is flashing with the turn signals, but it’s 1/4 of the light put out by the turn signals terminals

Issue #4. With one individual turn signal going both turn signals flash, but they’re very dim and they’re very quick

We have found we have the best luck when the trailer plug and both lights are grounded to the same place. We’ve tried three different grounds. My guys are getting pissed over the trailer so I’m on my own. Consensus is to put battery/remote control lights on it and get done. What to try next??

(IMG_1067 (full).jpeg)

(IMG_1071 (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_1067 (full).jpeg (76KB - 194 downloads)
Attachments IMG_1071 (full).jpeg (92KB - 175 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)