AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deere Planter Experts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

bcochran79
Posted 6/30/2024 07:48 (#10792912)
Subject: Deere Planter Experts

South Georgia
I have a Deere 6 row 1700 hydraulic drive twin row planter that I use to plant peanuts and forage. For the last two years every time I start the tractor with the planter connected I get a warning that there is an issue with the seed sensor on row # 6. I have replaced that sensor multiple times, still the same. Row # 6 still monitors, but sometimes it shows a lower population than other rows. I assume the problem is with the wiring harness or wedge box.

Since the planter is older, I was thinking that it might be helpful to upgrade the wedge box to get more features. The current wedge box is part number AA77061 Software part number is 11033-0795, version 13.00. Can someone more knowledgeable about these Deere planter monitor systems advise me on what I should be looking for in terms of an upgraded wedge box that will work with this planter? I would like to be able to monitor down force and ride quality. Not sure if it is practical to retrofit this with Deere technology to add these features. Possibly someone has what I need in a pile somewhere that was removed to make way for newer precision planter technology.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)