AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag leader swath control on dry box.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/27/2024 07:47 (#10719800 - in reply to #10718557)
Subject: RE: Ag leader swath control on dry box.

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
In answer to the original post, my opinion is NO. Ag Leader allows sprayers, NH3 rigs etc. to be controlled in sections.

Their strip til module is all or nothing in other words just one section.

When I worked as a Tech, a farmer came in with his own workaround idea for this. I made some creative wiring harnesses but can't recommend going his route. Ag Leader would not support it.

The drive on his rig used an orbit motor to turn a shaft the proper speed for application. Each of his three sections had a clutch of its own. That meant he could have any combination of the three sections ON/OFF. If he tried using a second liquid module, the system would slow down the metering rolls for the sections still applying when a section was shut off. That would be proper for a system using a flow meter but not for the metering rolls.

His plan was to use the strip til module to control the rate as intended as one section. He moved his clutch control module from his planter to the strip til rig also. The clutch module was then in charge of the controlling the sections as far as ON/OFF. The two modules were working with the same product but yet operating in their own worlds. This meant that auto swath could shut off a section of fertilizer but the strip til module was unaware of this and would thus continue to turn the metering rolls the correct speed.

The downside was the acres and volume shown on the strip til display were exaggerated since the strip til module would be continuing to tally up the acres and volume as if all sections were always ON. The acres shown on the clutch display portion were correct for the acres covered.

The previous reply suggests fooling the system by using one product on the left half and another product (actually the same product) for the right half. Unfortunately we tried that with large NH3 bars that literally had two systems on them. The Ag Leader programming does not allow for that. With two products, their expectation is that each product covers the entire width of the bar with one product "behind" the other. They do not (at least did not) allow for a situation where the two products were beside each other "end to end" so to speak.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)