AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Still fightlng Raven flowmeter no signal
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/30/2024 08:11 (#10723649 - in reply to #10723603)
Subject: RE: Still fightlng Raven flowmeter no signal

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Testing the various combinations of pins with a multi-meter is a good idea but doesn't put real world loads on them. If the 5V source pin has only a few good remaining strands left in it, a multi-meter might still show 5V but the few strands are not enough to supply the current needed to power the circuitry in the flow meter.

That is why I was thinking you were going to try a new cable but maybe I was thinking of someone else.

This reminds me of a situation many years ago. Dad had a John Deere 4400 combine. The drive for the header was controlled with an electric clutch. The head would engage but then disengage after only going 10'. I tested for voltage at the clutch and it seemed good with a meter. Long story short, the wire had been partially worn through. When I detached the wire and tested it, it showed 12V on the meter but wasn't able to supply enough current to keep the clutch engaged. The repair was simple once I found the partially worn wire. The load of the electric clutch on Dads combine was far greater than the load of your the flow meter but the idea is the same.

The leads that KRK shows put a reasonable "load" on the circuit to show the true voltage when in actual use.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)