AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Steady Steer on Hagie STS with AWS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Boomer24
Posted 5/8/2024 09:04 (#10733054 - in reply to #10732989)
Subject: RE: Steady Steer on Hagie STS with AWS

SESD
I don't have your answer, can only add some thoughts.

With a SteerCommand Legacy/Z2 there is cabling that is labeled AWS Disable & Kickout that connects to existing wiring on a steer ready machine. I've done a few legacy and one Z2 install on Hagies and always make that connection. That being said once I get the machine calibrated I haven't used it to see how the all wheel steer is used. Some don't check the box and run it like a fixed rear axle sprayer. Since it's labeled disable & kickout I wonder if it disables the AWS above a certain speed, maybe that's what the original system would do as well. Then allows all wheel steer at the headlands.

I have SteadySteers (and Ontrac3's) in SP sprayers and they work very well. We usually have had good luck on the initial calibration and don't need to adjust much at higher speeds. The only Hagie specific parts for the SteadySteer might be your top ring and a anti-rotation bracket. The SteadySteer cabling will be different. The cabling from the SCM won't have the AWS Disable & Kickout wires. So checking the all wheel steer box may just be screen modeling as you suggested. I looked at the wiring schematic for the SteerCommand cabling and there are only two wires in the AWS cable to the machine side connection, but there is a relay inline on the way to the large light gray connector going to the SCM. I would imagine the relay and wires could be added, maybe even the SteerCommand Hagie Cable, to the SteadySteer SCM but I'm not sure how it would react.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)