AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Steady Steer on Hagie STS with AWS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/10/2024 09:45 (#10735482 - in reply to #10735371)
Subject: RE: Steady Steer on Hagie STS with AWS

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Thanks for the reply.

I am trying to decide if I should ago ahead and move my Steady Steer from the combine where it works well to the Hagie STS-12. I have pretty well decided to do this at least for a test.

I could get the fairly expensive switch kit which would make swapping back and forth easier. I'm considering moving it all this first time and then getting the kit to reinstall in the combine later providing Steady Steer works in the Sprayer. Getting the kit now would save some labor but if it doesn't work out, then I would have a switch kit that I really don't need.

If I am reasonably assured that Steady Steer will at least be somewhat useful, I may as well get the switch kit now.

Boomer mentioned a somewhat more complex wiring harness that apparently ties into the Hagie sprayers (at least on the newer ones with AWS) is available. My dealer wasn't able to find such a cable. He says that he got the impression at Ag Leader training to just avoid AWS on Hagies. I was disappointed to hear that which leads me to wonder if I should pursue moving my Steady Steer at all.

It sounds like you use Front Wheel steer exclusively for early season work and only use AWS on the Headlands for late season work?

You mention slowing down the Steady Steer in AWS, I'm thinking this might be a problem for us if we attempt to use Turn Path. Turn Path works well for us with SteerCommand Z2 in the planting tractor but of course, the steering characteristics are not changing between planting and turning around like they would be with switching between Front Wheel Steer and All Wheel Steer in the sprayer.

Maybe Turn Path would work fine in the Hagie if we do not use All Wheel Steer on the Headlands. That is another combination we could try. That is for early season work use Front Wheel Steer only at all times. Then Steady Steer and Turn Path might work acceptably. In late season work where we are more concerned about knocking over corn, we could use Steady Steer for spraying and All Wheel Steer for the Headlands. We may be able to use Steady Steer for the actual spraying but turn around manually without invoking Turn Path.

Edited by tedbear 5/10/2024 09:57
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)