AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dust Cover for Ag Leader CAN A Tractor/Power Cable
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

aNullValue
Posted 5/10/2024 11:09 (#10735560 - in reply to #10735445)
Subject: RE: Dust Cover for Ag Leader CAN A Tractor/Power Cable

Fairfield County, Ohio, USA
Boomer24 - 5/10/2024 10:04

The end of this cable has been a point of contention for years, "why did they put the side with the dust cap on the implement side?" I don't know, guess it was a 50/50 chance of success. Anyway yes that large terminator plug is an expensive way to close that end up. A lot of times it was a small plastic bag taped around it and shoved under the rear of the cab. However about a year ago they quietly started including an insert cap on the 4001979 cables. It's pretty cool and cheep! I didn't have one around to show how it looks, but it goes inside the end and sets pretty flush except for the raised cross.

I'm glad you mentioned that -- I have one of those cables; I'll take a picture and post it the next time I'm near that tractor.

But when I was putting an Application Rate Module on that tractor (in the cab), I realized that with this CAN A Tractor harness installed as well, there is no CAN bus terminator at the end of the line. I wasn't aware that the 4000483 cap existed til last night when I saw this thread. And in the linked thread, someone mentions that there's a CAN terminator built into the 4000483 cap. That makes sense to me. The new smaller rubber-like dust cap does not. Since I'll be using the CAN A bus without necessarily having an implement attached to the tractor harness, wouldn't it be a good idea for me to buy the 4000483 terminating cap?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)