AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble antenna thinks it’s September 2004
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

c_mayer
Posted 5/10/2024 11:56 (#10735608 - in reply to #10731897)
Subject: RE: Trimble antenna thinks it’s September 2004

Jeffersonville, OH
I am not a CIH guy, but I am seeing a lot of customers starting to have problems with older receivers being hard to deal with. Goofy little issues like yours that may turn into big ones.

Honestly, it's probably time to replace it...GPS equipment doesn't last forever, and even though it still "works" how functional is it really? If you can only pickup 6-8 satellites on a good day, and need 4 to function, you don't have much room for errors.

A newer entry level receiver can see 12-15 satellites, and a current model can get over 20 most days in our area...I have seen 31 on a GPS7500 Ag Leader or a similar Novatel on a Gleaner combine.

You can snag a GPS6000 or GPS7000 Ag Leader pretty reasonable, or a GPS6500. Not sure what the basic NMEA output Trimble's would be, but I'm sure they have something capable as well. I mean, a brand new GPS7500 from Ag Leader on WAAS is roughly $2200...that's not a giant cost for the most important pass of the season controlling your planter...

You can grab a Novatel Smart7 off ebay for even cheaper used, coming off AGCO equipment from wherever. I keep some around as spares and haven't bought a bad one yet...
Chris
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)