AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader Turnpath
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/15/2024 09:44 (#10740587 - in reply to #10740089)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader Turnpath

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Correct, the Ag Leader cannot control raising/lowering the planter.

We were planting across the road from a neighbor who has the full tilt Deere system in his Deere tractor and planter. I watched as he made a Turn around. It appeared he did absolutely nothing as the planter raised, tractor turned around and lowered the planter to start the next pass.

We on the other hand with the Ag Leader system and TurnPath had to pull the SCV I button to raise the planter as we noted when the planter had entered the Headland. Turn Path handled the turn but we have to push the SCV I button forward to drop the planter prior to entering the next pass. Auto steer, auto swath, liquid control etc. is all handled by the Ag Leader automatically based Boundaries, AB lines, coverage maps etc.

The difference is that we have to raise/lower the planter ourselves. Guess I could have setup a shift down and raise sequence as well as a lower then shift up sequence on the Deere side. In the past I've found that I prefer to run the raise/lower step myself.

As far as turning ON/OFF the PTO automatically with some other implement, there may be a way around that with some auto swath trickery.

Edited by tedbear 5/16/2024 05:56
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)