AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Any advice on this swollen leg
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

dabeegmon
Posted 5/21/2024 11:22 (#10746696 - in reply to #10746599)
Subject: RE: Any advice on this swollen leg

SE Manitoba
puff33m - 5/21/2024 09:54

He's improving a little where he may be able to limp through a market. But using up body condition. But at least don't sense he's going into the woods to lay down and die. I need a feed pen at home for this kind of thing.

Real bummer I bought a bull and was planning to market this bull this summer. But I thought he would weigh something and be able to walk through market. I can't complain it's been a good season so far. Way better than many I've had. But just curious if this will harden up and hold weight enough to limp through market in a month. I know I'm losing $ per day but he's kind of at 0$ currently so it's all gain if I can get him moving a little. It's going on several weeks, so I dont have short term fix in mind. Just how to get him through a market in June or July.

A heads up - - - - some markets - - - - if the animal is limping severely they are condemned and you might even get a bill.
Here there is a marketer who deals with direct to slaughter and he will give you a pittance.
Dunno an easy way to find this kind of marketer - - - maybe a phone call or three to local inspected kill stations asking questions.

HTH
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)