AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Limping Cow with Knot on Hip
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

DieselDennis
Posted 5/22/2024 20:53 (#10748245)
Subject: Limping Cow with Knot on Hip

Brandon, MS
Got a 7 year old cow that started limping a few weeks ago. Didn't see any obvious visual issues so presumed foot rot. She's had two rounds of LA300 with no difference, so I started to look at little deeper.

Got her caught and still didn't see any issues on the leg. Doesn't really seem swollen. Cow didn't react when I touched or rubbed the limp leg, so still no apparent leg issues.

Today I noticed she's got a knot starting to show on the hip of the limp leg. And by limping, I mean she's barely putting any weight at all on that leg. She limps around good, stays with the herd, has never failed to get up under her own power, and is in otherwise OK shape. I do believe she's starting to lose a little condition though. She was a 6-7 and now probably a 5-6. She's got a 7 week bull calf attached to her so I'd like to keep her around. It's almost breeding season too, and I'm a little concerned about her holding up the front end of a bull on one good leg.

I've reached out to the vet in hopes that something can be done. What's everyone else's opininion or experience?

(Cow1 (full).jpg)

(Cow2 (full).jpg)

(Cow3 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Cow1 (full).jpg (316KB - 106 downloads)
Attachments Cow2 (full).jpg (324KB - 109 downloads)
Attachments Cow3 (full).jpg (336KB - 98 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)