AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Stuffers, with corn and pellets vs TMR.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

jcolli140
Posted 5/23/2024 08:11 (#10748649 - in reply to #10748563)
Subject: RE: Stuffers, with corn and pellets vs TMR.

SC Wisconsin
Following. Ive had the same thoughts of "grass looks greener" on the tmr side of the fence, but boy are stuffers flexible. Being a 1 man band the flexibility is priceless. I filled the feeders middle of last week because I knew rain was forecast so the weekend I could concentrate on staying in the field and getting done there. If it weren't for loading seed, i wouldn't have started the skidloader for 3 or 4 days last week. We've got 3 little ones and my wife starts a new more demanding job in August so I don't see my schedule getting any more lenient in the near future so at this rate I don't intend on ever going a tmr route. Ive also sat out of buying calves the last couple months with crazy newborn prices so if I end up having a pile of corn left over, I can just haul it down the road 5 miles to the feed mill which isn't an option with tmr.

Edited to add, I am planning a new barn and it will have bunks on the south side but I'm going to go with a flex auger setup for delivering feed. That way if 20 years from now kids stay home to farm and thinks change I can switch to tmr easily. I really like the flex auger systems that I've seen, amd with the price of steer stuffers now unless you are building your own it's cheaper to go the flex auger route

Edited by jcolli140 5/23/2024 08:16
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)