AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Stuffers, with corn and pellets vs TMR.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

johndeere1
Posted 5/23/2024 10:49 (#10748793 - in reply to #10748781)
Subject: RE: Stuffers, with corn and pellets vs TMR.

Central Saskatchewan Canada
Moose333 - 5/23/2024 10:35

2 Bags of milk replacer and 18% calf starter. Once they are looking good the last couple days they get half water half milk replacer.
Then they go into a pen and have the 275/1725 mix with 75 M. Holstiens have a bigger frame and so you can just feed the finisher thoughout. The grower you need more pellets which doesnt make sense because its just fiber. Get the fiber though the stalks and save money. I have all ages in the pen so I just feed the 275/1725 mix all the way though. However at the last couple months you can drop down to 200 of the finisher if you have just one age group.

Roll the corn do not grind. Corn is dry It will keep. Mine will hold about a months right now worth of feed with a 6 ton feeder. That will probably get cut in half once I get the calves I got in a different pen on the feeder.

I see no savings with TMR for my operation because of the cost of equipment and the time.

What’s the pounds of feed per calf breakdown? Can’t just feed 1700 pounds of corn to 1000 calves or 10 calves.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)