AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

First hay for the year
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

WCWI
Posted 5/23/2024 23:03 (#10749473 - in reply to #10748046)
Subject: RE: First hay for the year

A&M - 5/22/2024 17:44

I have a question. We run a lot of sickle bar mowers here. There is a company in Nebraska that makes nine footers that hook together. Would something like that work better for you or so you don’t have to come through and Ted everything? Just curious why you put it in a row and then spread it out instead of spreading it out originally.? Those sickle bar mowers just lay it straight on the ground after it’s cut. Might save you a step! The ones we have around here are three 9 foot cycle bars. Get a lot of acres done in a day.

Beautiful 7110. We had a 7140 and absolutely loved it. Wish we never sold it but dad loved to trade equipment left, and right when I was a kid.

In our more humid climates there would be a couple problems with running sickle mowers, first is they plug in our thick tall tangle hay crops, I can't imagine gong back to one much less having 2 or 3 hooked together! oldtimers were never so happy as to park those darn things in the back of the shed when haybines came out. I can remember dad cutting hay with one before the haybine, no thank you! Second is our thick tangled hay needs crimping to get it dry. Out of curiosity, can you run stub guards on a sickle mower?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)