AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Finally mowing some hay after a year
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Jim
Posted 5/29/2024 21:34 (#10756135 - in reply to #10755943)
Subject: RE: Finally mowing some hay after a year

Driftless SW Wisconsin

mikado - 5/29/2024 19:00 Why did you sell your tedder…rhetorical question. Cheap insurance. You swore by your Tedder, no one could make dry hay without one….and you sell it? SMH.

Your initial question of "why did you sell your tedder" is a fair one.

1) With the JD 630 moco at about 9 ft wide I can only mow about 5 acres per hour. The tedder really works best if it's run close behind the mower. I'm a one man operation and I've had many situations where by the time I finish mowing, unhook the moco and hook up the tedder, the first hay mowed is really too dry to ted. Tedding dry alfalfa sheds a lot of leaves. I like the 630, it fits through my many small field and pasture gates, it's very heavy and well built and good in our hills and I have no interest in buying a larger moco.

2) 1) I haven't used the tedder much since I bought a wrapper in 2018. As a one man operation, wrapping works very well if the weather doesn't give me a long enough window to mow-rake-bale it dry.

My Krone tedder worked well and is too nice a piece of equipment to sit year after year so I sold it to a larger operation. 

Edited by Jim 5/30/2024 21:43
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)