AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What net works for you
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Gearclash
Posted 5/30/2024 07:26 (#10756396 - in reply to #10755717)
Subject: RE: What net works for you

Sioux County, NWIA
Too tight -- bale won’t start wrapping -- this usually is only a problem during the first 1/10th to 1/4 of the roll; then the effective tension on the net drops enough that there aren’t further problems -- until a new roll is installed.

Too loose -- near the end of the net roll the net will start to bird nest on the roll and tangle with adjacent components because the net roll is spinning after the net gets cut.

As a general rule I have had more trouble with the net brake release adjustment, particularly with the Roll Belt balers, than I have with the net brake tension.

All the NH balers I’ve had from the BR780A to the current 560s will have a different tension on the net depending whether the net roll is new of nearly gone. The BR7090 in particular had a real problem with that. The tension would be too high with a new roll and then down to zero brake on a nearly empty roll. There is a simple fix that relocates the tension spring and keeps the tension nearly even throughout the entire roll.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)