AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

allow yourself a luxury......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

countryraised
Posted 5/30/2024 07:31 (#10756405 - in reply to #10756145)
Subject: RE: allow yourself a luxury......

NE Iowa
SoDak Farms - 5/29/2024 21:40

Well, you have, just go back and look at your posts from years past.

Yes, I have, and yet I’ve been pretty dang close on my yield predictions at the same time. Amazing what understanding agronomics and actually scouting your fields often can do for relaying relatively accurate information.

I will admit you post a lot of good information. Like the chart and summaries you often share and I appreciate that. I can even say yes, you have good predictions.
I don't post much in market talk and I will never post pictures in market talk mostly because of posters like you that completely miss the point White Shadow was making about just allowing people to vent and get some emotion out. I don't think any of us really expect the market to care or move because of what we have going on on our farms.
You are so caught up in being accurate and correct that you forget to be human on here too. If your neighbor comes over after a bad day venting about things going wrong do you treat them like you do posters on here?
I have some really good looking corn, in the same field I have areas that never emerged because of 3 weeks of rain it suffocated, same field also had some beautiful corn get flooded out by the river this weekend after over 6inches of rain in the last week. Can I vent about the bad and sound like it sucks while still knowing that it will be alright in the end? Are there plenty on other farmers in the same situation as me? absolutely.

I'm not trying to attack you SoDak, I think GW and others are also out of line calling you the gatekeeper, etc. Plenty of keyboard warriors around.
I enjoy your posts and and information you share and regularly look at them to see what information you have, because I am aware of my own local bias and like to counter it a little.

I probably won't respond back after this, it's just me venting a little frustration with people getting into arguments just to argue and missing the point in the beginning of the thread. Happens way to often in market talk.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)