AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thank God for Brazil
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

MNfarmer85
Posted 5/31/2024 00:51 (#10757589 - in reply to #10756349)
Subject: RE: Thank God for Brazil

South Central MN
Even having it meet one out of the 3 would be a nudge in the direction they want things to go, but all 3? Plenty can meet 2 requirements.

And they also blew the chance to have 3 practices be easier to achieve by listing "high efficiency fertilizers" rather than application methods and timing that reduce leeching. To me higher efficiency was when the co-op started carrying 32% UAN for sidedress instead of having to use 28% like we did for years. I don't have to stop and fill as much for the same lbs. of N applied.

The government and ones like Gates just want to look good, while they don't really care how much they use. They need to be told to go pack sand, and quickly.
All Brazil has going for them is an ethanol industry that got established sooner with a lot more support, and a warmer climate that allows sugar cane to be grown on a lot of acres, and more flexibility if they cover crop on cash crop acres. If we were cutting trees and plowing up pasture in the US the enviro side would be having a whole barnyard, but Brazil does that every day and nobody bats an eye.

I'm not a chemist, but wouldn't jet fuel be easier to process from an oilseed? It is more like kerosene and diesel fuel with all the wax refined out of it rather than gasoline/alcohol.

Edited by MNfarmer85 5/31/2024 00:54
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)