AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wet bale wrapper.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

timjohn
Posted 5/31/2024 12:02 (#10758081 - in reply to #10757340)
Subject: RE: Wet bale wrapper.

SE Wisconsin
We tried both single vs tube before buying one. The tube I believe is a better choice. I think you can get away with feeding 3 days worth at once if needed. Every day or every other day is better and will reduce spoliage some, but it is not that bad if you stretch it out a little.

The single bale wrapper I bet used twice as much wrap and was way more time consuming. Inline wrapper can do dry or wet. We bought an H/S one last year. Have also used tubeline and Anderson. I'd say I liked Anderson a bit better but they are all so similar.

We did inline wrapping for dry hay and it was awesome. stuff came out beautiful. also used one for straw bales. the bales were perfect 18 months later and we didnt take up shed space or barn space storing them that long.

This year we were planning on doing all dry hay first cutting.... but it looks like mother nature is not cooperating so next week we will start doing some baleage on a few fields to get the hay off the field.

It has really helped because I also have a day job and being able to cut hay friday/Saturday and bale/wrap saturday/sunday has been awesome.

definitely a fan
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)