AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Inflation and recession.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

jdironman
Posted 5/31/2024 19:16 (#10758510 - in reply to #10758473)
Subject: RE: Inflation and recession.

Nw Iowa
I agree Fetv. Inflation benefits those who hold the cards. I also agree with reformed that there has been a generation that have not witnessed a big reversal in agriculture, which was a great time if you had alittle cash, absolutely horrible if you were leveraged. I am older so fortunately have taken a pretty conservative fiscal attitude for simple reasons that i have taken risks when I was younger and don’t wish to live my older years fearing a interest rate run away or farm economy that goes into a 3-5 year down trend, some of things my father and I fought in the 80’s.
Back to OP inflation is never good, it is not good for next generations, the government uses it to fund their spending. It is also hard to plan succession plans as inflated land makes you a target of estate taxes. If you have siblings that don’t farm, how do you deal with that? Farm or farms is huge asset that doesn’t return so well but looks like big dollars to no farm heirs. As a a young person trying to hold a farm together, inflation is your worst enemy.
To Bonpas, I don’t think young people are gaining in this inflation time, wages are going up, inflation going up faster.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)