AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mr.Grain
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

WeaveFarmer
Posted 6/1/2024 08:39 (#10759046 - in reply to #10759009)
Subject: RE: Mr.Grain

Boone Co. Iowa
Our corn crop looks pretty pathetic at this point. Maybe some heat shows up and makes things look better. 70% G to Excellent?

National drought map makes it look as if a national corn crop record might be in play…..

If I had to speculate on my crop, I would guess I make 80% of last year’s record crop…..

90% of projected 181 nationally is 163…..

If they cut 2-3 million acres of corn at the end of the month, and we grow 170 nationally, what does carry out look like? Domestic demand is strong.

Maybe they add acres and we grow 182. But, based on the insurance price of corn, I don’t see corn acres being added to, especially compared to last year.

Has been 9 years since Raccoon River has had nitrate levels this high…..

https://whoradio.iheart.com/content/2024-05-30-des-moines-water-work...

“Last Friday, nitrate concentrations were at 13.0 mg/L and 15.9 mg/L in the Des Moines River and the Raccoon River, respectively. Water collected on May 24th from an infiltration gallery, a series of underground pipes that naturally filter water adjacent to the Raccoon River, had a nitrate concentration of 11.5 mg/L. Typically, the gallery is our highest quality source. This is the first time nitrate concentrations in the gallery have been above 10 mg/L in almost nine years. “

9 years ago was 2014…..

Edited by WeaveFarmer 6/1/2024 08:43

(IMG_0271 (full).png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_0271 (full).png (132KB - 86 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)