AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

POTD
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Alberta Cowman
Posted 6/1/2024 11:27 (#10759252 - in reply to #10758818)
Subject: RE: POTD

Supa Dexta - 6/1/2024 03:06

We should all be equiped with the knowledge that acre for acre - Grassland will produce more oxygen and capture more carbon long term than an acre of woods. Cows play a vital role in that also, in harmony with nature. To your average person who only hears the catch phrases cows are bad for the environment, methane emitters, trees produce oxygen and capture carbon & farms destroy forests, unsustainable farming practices, factory farming... and a bunch of other ill informed buzz words, they simply don't know that grasslands can be even more beneficial to this so called 'climate crisis' and also hold a major place in the ecosystem. The world overall is more greened up than just a few decades ago.

Plus when you take these same people to wide open spaces with a view., the first thing they usually say is how beautiful it is, and how far they can see for a change. I turn 40 acres to grass and I've destroyed the environment, but the city paves over 2000 aces at a time and puts up some shopping outlets and it's progressive, vibrant and exciting..

We fight the misiunformation here that the forests are all destroyed (despite 1 million more acres of woodland than a century ago) and that the animals are losing all their habitat and forced into towns, Which is more because few hunt anymore and the populations are way over stocked. When I was a kid it was a rare occurance to see a bear, or even hear of one being spotted. Now people have them digging in their garbage all the time and hanging around their yards, and deer roam thru towns in herds.

X2. Well said Supa.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)