AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Weekly Corn Market Update & ask me anything
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

qrmllc
Posted 6/2/2024 08:38 (#10760311 - in reply to #10760245)
Subject: RE: Weekly Corn Market Update & ask me anything

Fort Collins, CO
For starters, I wouldn't call myself a fundamental (or technical, for that matter) analyst - I'm an option nerd, so take all of this with a big grain of salt. Also, please recognize that we work with a relatively small sample size of producers nationwide, so these results may be skewed. I'd say roughly 80-85% of our guys are completely done (save for some minor replant) with corn and beans and have been for a week or more. Given our limited sample size, the biggest prevent-plant problems appear to be in ND and OH this year. I'm sure there are pockets in other places, but ND and OH seem like the epicenters (we don't have any contact with MN, so that's an unknown for us). Even still, it sounds like those guys will wrap up soon, and most of what they have left is beans anyway. This does not feel like 2019 to me, but like I said, I have a limited sample size.

Ultimately, this uncertainty is why we manage things the way we do. We don't know where the market is going, but I'm fairly confident we can measure and mitigate the risk effectively. Thanks for reading regularly, and I hope what we put out helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
James
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)