AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The state of the US deficit
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

jdironman
Posted 6/5/2024 20:13 (#10764944 - in reply to #10764304)
Subject: RE: The state of the US deficit

Nw Iowa
That is BS Tallpines. I paid in max SS a number of years, so I am entitled to nothing? I am already paying full health insurance which last year cost my wife and I over 30000. So if my net worth is 5 million (, not my net worth, just a example, ) if I paid my income tax, contributed to ss, made payments to my retirement account so that I would have a planned retirement. Let’s sayI own a half section valued at 15000 a acre which I rent out for 90000 pay RE taxes of 10000, combination of half section and and residence is 5 million net worth. So how do you compare that to someone lives in a million dollar house, never responsible for their retirement, have a very good pension which doesn’t equate to net worth and they qualify for a full pension while guy that planned their retirement gets screwed. A farmer plans for his retirement by paying off his debts while a factory worker or someone with his pension plans how he is going to live off of their pension and SS. Not too farmers are going to receive a pension besides their rent other than those who held a off farm job which they also probably took besides their other job so that they can get a better retirement.
Let’s go abit further, why do farm bills always favor crop guys and pretty much leave livestock people out? It is really simple, how much does a crop farmer spend per acre on chemicals, seed and fertilizer? How much do livestock producers spend on a pen of cattle or a barn of pigs? This isn’t rocket science how things get done. Big money pulls the strings. So tax and spending bills ultimately go to those with biggest lobby. Easy to screw the guy paying his SS because easy target.
So I disagree Tall pines, your solution is just more of same, take from those who have tried to plan their retirement and give to those you have not. The only thing I agree on is a tax increase that hits all income the same and a reduction in spending which your man completely doesn’t understand as we have had spending sense day one with this administration. And before you start blaming Trump you must remember Covid was a free pass for both parties to vote thru pet spending projects with Dems controlling House who could have easily stopped any funding bills that they wanted. Dems have also controlled both houses in 2020 and voted thru massive spending in name of anti inflation and Covid bill after essentially Covid was starting to be curtailed. Spending is a vote getting scheme that has gotten out of control for both parties. Student loans also started out fine, than congress gave protection to those making loans which encouraged banks to push loans that weren’t manageable. Talk to any college town employer and they will tell you they are finding it hard to get anybody to work. Why, because studenst don’t have to work because it is easier to apply for student loans which are loosely dispersed. Than hangover starts after school when these massive loans are due and than student protests because they never realized, even with their new education on how to do simple math that debt doesn’t equal their job earnings. I would vote for student aid if they are a US citizen and are going into a employable career. I would vote for non citizen aid if they are going into a essential field like medicine or science or engineering as a example. Social sciences nor far out religion studies doesn’t quite cut it. I could go on and on but reality is we need to cut spending now. If you are hearing any of that rhetoric from your democrat party I am all ears.

Edited by jdironman 6/6/2024 07:48
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)