AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What’s a reliable sturdy 3 pt pto post hole auger?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Expensive Hobby
Posted 6/6/2024 10:09 (#10765590 - in reply to #10764402)
Subject: RE: What’s a reliable sturdy 3 pt pto post hole auger?

NW Missouri
+1

Anyone that uses a hyd driven post hole digger with down pressure will never want to use a 3pt pto unit again. If you don't have a skidsteer and don't want to buy one, adapting a digger to a loader will still be a significant improvement over a 3pt model.

You don't have to turn around behind you to see what you're doing, you have down pressure, you can reverse if needed, and can position much, much easier (not as easy as a skidsteer, but still better than a 3pt). Can shut it off in the bottom of the hole, lift it out and use the hyds to shake the auger back and forth to clean out auger and go back in. No jobbers, no pulling away dirt with a spade, nice pile of dirt wherever you decide to put it (uphill from the hole) when you're done digging.

I know at least a couple people that bought skidsteers for the sole reason of digging post holes. Then obviously, once they had them, they didn't know how they ever got by without them for lots of other jobs. While I'm spending your money, a hyd tamper is well worth it too - I don't own one, have just borrowed one the last couple times I've built fence - but man they are nice and make that job so much easier.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)