AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

need to keep 24 yr old busy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Sheep Farmer
Posted 6/9/2024 06:19 (#10768742 - in reply to #10767257)
Subject: RE: need to keep 24 yr old busy

Northwest Iowa
It’s been mentioned but by my profile name you can probably predict what I’m going to say. What part of iowa you located in? Great group of the pipestone lamb and wool program to help supply marketing, knowledge and resources for sheep related questions. I tell people until I’m blue in the face about the opportunities in sheep but it doesn’t really go anywhere. My first advice is be truely open to all suggestions. Anytime I recommend sheep to people they go yeah yeah yeah whatever you don’t know. I won’t divulge to much here, you can reach out to me if you want more info, but I will leave you a few tidbits on what I think of sheep as an avenue of what your looking for.

If you have sheep you will be made fun of, if you can get over that, you got a start.
Gotta want to get up and work in middle of winter. Cant go on warm beach vacations in winter. Some people have huge issues with this.
The harder you work the more money, generally, you will make in sheep business.
Lambing out ewes starts out as a great side hustle to another job, I sell seed also.
The future, in my opinion, of the sheep business is to accelerate lamb and use lambing facilities 9 out of 12 months to make it more than a side hustle.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)