AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Used Machinery Market Talk- How do these Inventory Reduction Auctions work out for JD dealers?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Ron (Cen. IL.)
Posted 6/12/2024 23:37 (#10772877 - in reply to #10772848)
Subject: RE: Used Machinery Market Talk- How do these Inventory Reduction Auctions work out for JD dealers?

Central Illinois
clicker - 6/12/2024 22:38

AGDEAL - 6/12/2024 21:30

How much do you really expect them to stand behind a used planter? Unless you write it in the PO used means you are responsible for paying maintenance and repairs.

Only difference I have seen is some dealers won’t work on it if you didn’t buy from them

That is how I always considered it to be. Then some Illinois dude was gnawing on his dad's Deere dealer over the condition of a back row lawn mower he was dealing on and raking them over the coals on the internet because it wasn't up to snuff, and had to rethink that maybe some of the high rollers have really high expectations the dealer will do whatever they are ordered to do by these customers.

You have the story backwards, farmer told the salesman the condition of the (trade in) mower, salesman didn't check it out himself, an agreement was reached, then later (can't remember how long), the salesman wanted more money.

Edit: I think it was at least a couple weeks, but may have even been a couple months.

Edited by Ron (Cen. IL.) 6/12/2024 23:40
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)