AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Guys with Incommand 1200 and rtk or terrastar-x solar flare problems?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/13/2024 05:25 (#10772917 - in reply to #10772317)
Subject: RE: Guys with Incommand 1200 and rtk or terrastar-x solar flare problems?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
We used an InCommand 1200 with a GPS 7500 unlocked and subscribed to Terra Star Pro C this Spring on the planting tractor. We were also using an old Trimble 750 with auto steer on WAAS for tillage during the solar flares. We did not have a problem with either. I heard of others who had problems at various times.

I think we were just plain lucky on timing of when we were using our equipment. I am very pleased with the InCommand and the 7500 with the Tera Star Pro C correction (except for the yearly fee) but would not buy one just with the hope that it will eliminate future solar flare problems.

Remember the correction services such as WAAS, Terra Star, RTK attempt to correct or fine tune the basic GPS information. If the basic information is affected by the solar flares, the correction service has inaccurate information to work with.

We use Steer Command Z2 (CAN version) with our planting tractor. It works very well. I also have a Steady Steer unit that I use in my combine for harvesting soybeans. I use a feeler system with the Steady Steer motor for corn. It works very well also.

I did install Steady Steer in our "new to us" 2010 Hagie STS-12. I rode along while my Great Nephew was spraying corn. He tried Steady Steer at around 11 MPH. It did a reasonable job which would have been acceptable in bare field spraying but wasn't able to handle the row situation. I will be moving it back to the combine but likely will not move it to the Hagie next year.

Edited by tedbear 6/13/2024 05:33
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)