AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

hay crop % to tenent
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

rancherman
Posted 6/14/2024 19:03 (#10774695 - in reply to #10773111)
Subject: RE: hay crop % to tenent

problem around 'here' is  fertilizing  hay ground may take a year or 2 for appreciable results..  and  can last as long as 10.  
how is it fair to the guy putting it up the first year if he's  saddled with half the cost?  

but  the quality of the hay is pretty much all up to the  renter,  with timely cutting,  keeping an eye on the weather,  baling when it perfect to go,  with  equipment that's in good running  condition/  enough manpower to run it all;  getting some outfit that has  20 other jobs lined up  ahead of you hardly  pans out.

There's  'more' to it than going with the cheapest rate/ going off of some  5yr old  'guideline'.

what's it worth to the landowner if someone pulls in with equipment that hardly breaks down,   is able to  mow, rake, and bale it 2 days or a week faster  because he beat the rain?  

That's why I  buy the landlord's share.. I'm  the  end user/beneficiary of my  'expertise'  at  haying,  and  removes all the  BS  that  sets up  agreements.
  I do a crap job- my cows suffer.  I do a  good job-  my cows make it through the winter.    Landlord is  compensated for perfect hay regardless.  
Keeps me on my toes and honest.   Keeps the landlord and his girlfriends happy.  
And I have hayground  for as long as I want it..  well,  until one of us dies.

Edited by rancherman 6/14/2024 19:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)