AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My thoughtrs on the Ozempic drug
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

DevinF
Posted 6/14/2024 23:58 (#10774986 - in reply to #10774616)
Subject: RE: My thoughtrs on the Ozempic drug

Nwmo
It has been approved since 2017, the only recent change is they have approved it for weight loss which means you don't have to be type 2 diabetic to get it. The weight loss version is called Wegovy and it is a higher dose than the diabetic version. It slows the intestines which I think will lead to problems long term and probably more colon cancer in the end.

Bikman did a really good couple of videos on the different diabetes medicines and how they work and what the risks are.
My wife was diagnosed as type 2 this past March, her doctor put her on metformin and Trulicity because insurance wouldn't pay for Mounjarow or Ozempic. She just went back for her second checkup Wednesday and her A1C went from 10+ to 5.7 and has lost close to 50 lbs. She also went on a keto diet, doc was shocked at how low her A1C was and stated the diet was responsible and none of the medicines would have done that.

I guess my point is the medicine is for people that either can't control themselves or just plain don't know what to eat, but it does nothing compared to eating right and getting a little exercise.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)