AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Idaho Irrigation water
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

ICC
Posted 6/19/2024 07:44 (#10779715 - in reply to #10777138)
Subject: RE: Lot's of right statements in this thread

deep in the southeastern corner of Idaho
Russ, I will have a eat my words as you are probably right. I see where my house went up by 76k over last year on our tax assessment for next year. I was in a meeting a couple weeks ago. A guy with a prominent family name from the Cokeville area was showing pictures of his ranch he just bought in South Carolina. I told my wife we will wait it out for a few more years and sell out if needed and give it all to a very nice nursing home. Those cute little nurses will earn their paycheck when they have to change my diaper, but I will always smile and say thank you. I felt very bad for years that all my kids had good paying jobs, moved to different parts of the country and that we would be the last to Ranch in this area. This big blue lake that is located to the south of us will be the demise of ranching in this county. It may come sooner with the water adjudication. Take all the good fresh ag water and send it down stream to make it useless salt water. I guess we will see who has the most coins in their pockets when the dust settles on this one. I had to really bite my tongue this spring in our Tri State water commission meeting in Salt City. A lady in her 60's with pink and green hair testified to the commission, "What water is collected in the river in the 500 miles that it runs is not the issue. The issue is it starts in Utah and ends in Utah therefore that water is intended for Utah".
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)