AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader versa
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/20/2024 05:30 (#10780707 - in reply to #10780498)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader versa

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
To expand on a previous reply.

As far as working with a sprayer and what you have, you have two separate routes.

!) Continue to use the Raven to handle the spraying tasks as before. If your raven is new enough to have a 9 pin computer style connector on the back, it can be connected to Ag Leader's Application Rate Module. In this setup, the Raven still controls the spraying as before but exchanges information with the Ag Leader system back and forth. This allows the Ag Leader to "send" new rates to the Raven as if you changed them with your fingers on the Raven directly as before. This means an Rx map can be created and stored on the memory card. This arrangement also allows the Raven to "send" application information such as the boom sections that are ON, flow meter readings etc. to the Ag Leader. This means the Ag Leader can create various coverage and as applied maps, show totals etc. I have done this and it works very well. One disadvantage though is that auto swath or section control is not available since the Raven is still controlling the sprayer. The Ag Leader is a monitor and is not directly controlling the operation.

2) Use the Auxiliary Input Module or SC110 CAN switch box you already have to work with your dry fertilizer setup and purchase an Ag Leader Liquid Product Control module. Like your dry fertilizer setup, the switch box conveys your intentions about which sections are ON etc. The Liquid Product Control Module connects to the sprayer section valves, the Raven Flow meter and Raven Control valve. The Raven controller would no longer be used. All interactions with the sprayer would be done through the Ag Leader display. Auto swath would be available if the Ag Leader display has the auto swath feature unlocked. The interaction between the operator and the system would be very similar to what you are used to with your dry rig. Various reports, maps etc. are available.

The arrangement that I have just described would be my preferred approach due to the ability to have auto swath control. One somewhat recent change with this approach is that Ag Leader no longer produces the Liquid Product Control module as it has been replaced by a module referred to as the L2. The L2 can work alone or with other "sub" modules to perform a wide variety of tasks. This allows a rather complex system to be assembled. I'm unsure whether your Versa could work with the L2 or not. I suspect that it will not.

The older Liquid Product Control modules continue to work fine (I use two myself) and some might be available on the secondary market. Some dealers might have a carry over one on their shelves but this would be somewhat rare. A possibility might be a trade in where someone wishes to move on to the extra features of the L2 and thus their Liquid Module may be available. They are rather rare on the used market since they work very well.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)