AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

NMEA Output Ag Leader to Deere G5
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

RobCam
Posted 6/21/2024 15:04 (#10782422)
Subject: NMEA Output Ag Leader to Deere G5

I’m looking for advice on getting a Deere G5 to accept NMEA serial GPS on a Case Magnum 290 CVT with Ag Leader guidance. The Ag Leader system is an Incommand 1200, 6500 receiver, and SteerCommand. The G5 is in the tractor with an Ag Express AE3073 with a harness from the NMEA 4 pin deutsch coming off the steering controller to the RS232 DB9 connector of the AE3073.

On the Deere display I have COM Port 1 setup as serial GPS. According to the display manual it needs to see GGA, GSA, and RMC with Baud Rate 19200 and at 5 Hz. Data bits 8, Parity none and Stop bits 1. I am unable to get the Deere display to say it’s receiving active messages on the COM port diagnostics page. I did try a 2630 also just to see if it was the display with no luck.

On the Ag Leader display I’m going into Steer Command settings, GPS and NMEA out to configure the messages. I have the messages setup how the Deere display should want them. I cannot change the format but to me 8N1 seems like 8 bits, parity none and 1 stop bit.

I know the wiring is okay because they also have a 20/20 in the cab. I can plug the DB9 into the null modem and it sends GPS to the 20/20. I had been using a DB9 gender adapter because the ends were wrong on the existing wiring in the cab sending GPS to the 20/20 to connect to my Ag Express harness. I got a different harness to it plugged directly. It is interesting that if I plug into the CAN expansion 4 pin deutsch right next to the NMEA out on the tractor, my COM port diagnostics will show active communication then but still not get GPS.

I have G5 displays in other Magnum and NH tractors with Trimble systems and never had any issues. The RS232 is plugged into the NAV controller.

In short I think I have the right port on the steering controller and a good harness. I don’t have many settings to configure serial gps on the Deere display so I think I’m missing some Ag Leader setting to output NMEA in a way that the Deere display will accept it.

(IMG_6643 (full).jpeg)

(IMG_6644 (full).jpeg)

(IMG_6642 (full).jpeg)

(IMG_6645 (full).jpeg)

(IMG_6646 (full).jpeg)

(IMG_6648 (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_6643 (full).jpeg (92KB - 173 downloads)
Attachments IMG_6644 (full).jpeg (92KB - 163 downloads)
Attachments IMG_6642 (full).jpeg (91KB - 177 downloads)
Attachments IMG_6645 (full).jpeg (105KB - 169 downloads)
Attachments IMG_6646 (full).jpeg (154KB - 166 downloads)
Attachments IMG_6648 (full).jpeg (96KB - 164 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)