AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

northwest and north central Iowa
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Kooiker
Posted 6/22/2024 20:15 (#10783868 - in reply to #10783719)
Subject: RE: northwest and north central Iowa

Gearclash - 6/22/2024 17:31 It would be hard to imagine that the NOAA wasn’t figuring that in. Last night’s rainfall was in the forecast for a while. I kinda wondered yesterday how this was all going to shake out with flooding already beginning and heavy rain forecast.

I kind of figure its like a Jan or Feb forecast when they're saying that "big warmup coming next week, Tuesday we could have highs in the upper 40's".   Then when next Tuesday rolls around and it barely makes it to 32F they say on the 10pm weather that they didn't take the 2' of snow that is on the ground into account.     And everyone watching groans and collectively says "you idiots, there's been snow on the ground for the past 2 months"

Last night around 7pm the river north of town was starting to go down a little.    Thought we would be in pretty good shape if it didn't rain more.    We had river water coming into fields but not really running through the fields.

It rained, A LOT.   Water running everywhere.   No one that is alive has ever seen the river flood that bad.   Its a mess.   

As bad as our mess is, were fortunate.    We haven't lost any houses, buildings or personal property.  There are a lot of people that are a lot worse off than we are.     Lots of houses that have had basement walls cave in, sewage backup, storm water in the house, etc.

Water ran across Hwy 75 south of Lakewood corner and undercut the road badly.    Its going to be closed for a while.     Its going to have to be tore up and have the roadbed rebuilt, then repaved.       Thankfully, I think all of the major bridges are ok.   Some smaller bridges are gone or damaged though.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)