AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sell, Boys & Girls
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

dakota boy
Posted 6/22/2024 23:20 (#10784044 - in reply to #10783669)
Subject: RE: Sell, Boys & Girls

SE SD
JL case is down east of Yankton close to the bluff hills from meckling to vermilion as I used to farm some ground beside him for about 15 years and then I let it go about 3 years ago after after I picked up 9 quarters of irrigated closer to home . That area below the bluffs is flat as a pancake and my father in law when he helped me farm it would always ask if anyone wanted to play marbles . The ground was really good in a dry and average year but you had to be down there in time to get it planted because the soil was hard to get the seed tench closed and one landlord always said you can take a rock and throw it in any direction and you will get 4 different soil types . We raised really good crops most years down there as long as we got it planted early because most of the ground was irrigated because of the low water table and some was irrigated and tiled but like I said we always didn’t get down there in time because we are spread out 90 miles each direction from my base of operations .
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)