AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag leader switch box
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/23/2024 07:22 (#10784157 - in reply to #10783333)
Subject: RE: Ag leader switch box

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
A method is needed with application control situations so the operator can convey their wishes as far as products, sections etc. to the system. This is not necessary when using an Ag Leader display for tasks such as yield monitoring or other monitoring.

Being able to convey the operator's intentions is necessary for many planting, spraying, and other application situations.

This can be done in two general ways. 1) Use Ag Leader's Auxiliary Input Module and some type of a single switch, switch box, adapter cable, OR 2) Use Ag Leader's SC110 CAN switch box which contains the electronic circuitry of the Auxiliary Input Module as well as a Master and other switches.

These two methods are functionally equivalent. The decision to choose one or the other depends on the situation. Often either would work out fine.

Personally I use the SC110 CAN switch box in my planting tractor since it results in one less "box" which reduces cab clutter. I use an Auxiliary Input Module and adapter cable in my Hagie STS-12 sprayer since this allow me to use the original Hagie switches already in the sprayer. The Hagie Master and section switches become inputs to the Ag Leader system and do not directly control the boom sections as before. This allows the Ag Leader system to keep a section OFF if that area has already been sprayed.

The Ag Leader switch box with a Master and 10 other switches and the SC110 CAN switch box may appear identical at first glance.

Here's how to tell them apart:

1) If the switch box has SC110 printed on it, it will have a 4 pin round connector and a brown connector. This is the SC110 smart CAN switch box which does not require the Auxiliary Input Module.

2) If the switch box does not state SC110 on it, it will have a Green 12 pin connector and a Brown 12 pin connector on it. This is the dumb switch box and requires the Auxiliary Input Module.

Edited by tedbear 6/23/2024 07:56
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)