AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Let’s say 181
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

humblefarmer
Posted 6/23/2024 09:52 (#10784316 - in reply to #10784284)
Subject: RE: Let’s say 181

indiana
Delta tell me why? And right or wrong I don’t want to hear about inflation. I’ve looked through old records, soil tests, etc. Our yield goals 20-30 years ago was 150-175. Now if we don’t produce 225 we are upset , same with soybeans. Equipment is expensive but heck, we run 3 times as many acres through one combine vs 20-30 years ago. A thousand acre farm used to be a big deal , now some act like it’s a part time job. I would love higher prices , but we produce raw materials , and over time the price gravitates towards the cost of production. If we have a decrease in supply then what supply is left has more value than cost of production. I’m in an area that had excellent production in 2023. So hasn’t been any basis’ fireworks here and I’m afraid a second harvest could be coming in August. Everyone’s crops look good around here, even the late planted. This area just received a much needed 0.50-1.0” of rain last night. I suppose I’m too focused on the back door/front yard. I understand all of the problems across the country, but at this time of year it is hard for anyone to quantify it. The market in my opinion has a prove it to me attitude. So it will take until harvest or January to get a handle on production shortfalls.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)