AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Protein utilization
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

mca
Posted 6/23/2024 18:21 (#10784897 - in reply to #10782786)
Subject: RE: Protein utilization

Southern Ontario
Thanks for posting this.
Always looking for new info, as Keto has helped me a whole lot, but would still like to see the last pesky 25# vanish.

Great info here, a lot to think about.
Obviously this video goes against what some other famous low carb Drs recommend in their Youtube videos and presentations.

For instance, past videos I have watched with Dr. Westman and Dr. Berry try to reassure viewer that if you stick to keto/carnivore rules, you can eat proteins/meat to feeling "comfortably stuffed" and you WILL have low insulin and practically guaranteed to lose weight.
In contrast, the video referenced here, seems to indicate that you CAN eat too much protein/meat, (even if you are ultra low carb) and eating as Westman and Berry recommend could easily lead to high serum glucose, high insulin and weight gain.

Two opposing points of view, makes it hard for a simple guy without a PhD to decide who/what is the correct path to the proper human diet.

I am happy you posted this, as all information is great to assimilate.
Dang, I know we will eventually decode what is correct.

I miss the simple days of my great grandparents, when they ate huge meals with pies and desserts without over-thinking and everyone seemed to appear very slim in photos.
My great grandparents would tell me of eating/preparing huge meals with endless deserts for threshing bees, silo fillings, community and church suppers. They ate well at home too, never missing 3 solid meals a day. (Sometimes I think their breakfasts could compete with my daily caloric intake.) And of course, they prized fruits and sugar desserts as they had to do without during parts of the depression and during government rationing of staples during WW2.
The Grandparents obviously did more physical labor, but Dr. Westman states exercises are not necessary on a keto diet....in some videos he even discourages working out during the weight loss phase.

This Greatest Generation did not have all these contradictory dietary opinions to consider but, nevertheless, stayed slim and lived into their 80s, 90s, even 100s.
I obviously have the same genetics as my slim, well fed, forebearers.
But I have to follow restricted diets to remain at a borderline reasonable mass.
I guess that is partly what makes them great.

But where/how did we seemingly go wrong?

Edited by mca 6/23/2024 19:08
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)