AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Market
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Johndeere7920
Posted 6/23/2024 20:15 (#10785032 - in reply to #10784980)
Subject: RE: Market

Central Indiana
Very far from being smart on markets or having it figured out. Been learning marketing all my life and all I can say is you never know which way it’s going to go but you can always be sure if it goes up it will go down and if it goes down it will go up. For 5 years we were stuck in the $3.20-4.00 range on corn and scooping those bins sucked for sure. Then came 7 and $8 corn and all the sudden it was a sad sound when the scoop shovel hit the floor behind the sweep.

FWIW we still have a bit over 50% old crop corn left to price in the bins. Could have had 7 bucks for it a year and a half ago and $5 a few weeks ago but now it’s worth 4.20. Win some lose some. I’m honest in all my answers and opinions none of which I’m afraid to admit and that is a quality hard to find in anyone let alone people who market grain or give grain marketing thoughts. Roll with the good times and leave a little on the table for the bad. Never say “coulda, shoulda, woulda” in marketing. That’s marketing with emotions not profitable thinking. Good luck to you this year!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)