AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A highway crop report
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Chuck WI
Posted 6/23/2024 21:05 (#10785091)
Subject: A highway crop report

We went to North Dakota for a wedding this weekend so we traveled the I94 corridor up to Fargo then north to almost the Canadian border but that is another story. 
We also went west on 17 to Bottineau. 
The best looking crops were in the hills whether it was Wisconsin or Minnesota. North Dakota doesn’t have any hills, at least in the Red River Valley. Water is the biggest issue as in to much early so late planting and now with drown out spots. 

There were a lot of acres either just planted or not planted yet. What was planted timely in the valley looks real good. I saw potatoes on 17 in blossom but there is a lot of water standing as you go west of Park River. 

I know this isn’t the corn and bean belt but it is part of the whole and from what I saw the whole may not be as big as it could be. 

We almost missed the wedding as we missed the sign for Grafton and kept going north until I saw a sign that said 5 miles to the border. We turned around at the last exit before the border and got back to Park River just as the wedding was beginning. 

About 2000 miles and everything is green. 

Chuck

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)