AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Please people , slow down and move over .
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

tommyw-5088
Posted 6/23/2024 21:40 (#10785136 - in reply to #10785123)
Subject: RE: Please people , slow down and move over .

Texas
boog - 6/23/2024 21:30

It's getting worse here, everybody's in a hurry. We have to travel a major 2 lane hwy & a 4 lane Noni terstate to get to some our farms. The 2 lane crosses a river with about a mile of narrow aproac & goes through a small town. Last 3-4 years it seems .Ike every time we move equipment on that hwy we encounter at least 1 idiot that's in a hurry to get to his / her funeral.. What really pi$$es me off people will follow you 2-3 miles in a passing zone with no traffic coming & won't pass but as soon as you get to a no passing zone they're bound & determined they're going to pass. Friday was taking the tractor & grain cart thru a construction area on the 4 lane where it was one lane each direction, had a car go into the ditch to pass me just to turn off in less than a 1/4 mile.

They give us very little respect . Despite having a fire truck there . No way I’m quitting as long as I’m
Able but just damn .

I have a different outlook than lots of people, I’m of the opinion God punches your card the day you are born .

Of course if I walk out on I 45 tonight and a truck hits me that’s my fault , however if someone is stranded in a burning house and I get killed trying to get them out . I believe that’s gods will . Lots of us believe the same way . Can’t do it if you don’t . None of us want to die but if we do we are at peace with it . We are not daredevils but most of us don’t scare easily.

Edited by tommyw-5088 6/23/2024 21:48
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)