AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sell, Boys & Girls
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Headland
Posted 6/24/2024 06:57 (#10785418 - in reply to #10785217)
Subject: RE: Sell, Boys & Girls

Malta, Illinois
The more I read the more I am convinced that the disaster in Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and the Dakotas is not being given full credit for the damage that is occurring. Yes, the water will go down and things will look different in a few weeks but something like this can do a lot of damage to the crops that appear to be undamaged. Denitrification in corn and disease in beans are two things that come to mind. Add to that the fact that the eastern belt appears to stay pretty warm and somewhat dry and I think maybe there is some hope that markets have a little pop left in them. Unfortunately for you guys up north and west, if a more active pattern of rain does materialize for those who are currently a little on the dry side, markets will forget what has happened in your area at least on a short term basis. Perhaps it will be one of those years when we really don't have a good handle on crop size until December? I know I wish I had more new crop sold than I do but have been a little reluctant with lack of late May and June rains. I figure I have at least another twelve months or more to market new crop so not really in a panic over it. Glad I did something out of the ordinary and dumped a large portion of old crop in January.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)