AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thanks for the help everyone.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Nickeischeid
Posted 6/24/2024 08:19 (#10785504 - in reply to #10784609)
Subject: RE: Thanks for the help everyone.

North central TX
Tommy, I have been following and trying to add advice if I catch the posts in time to be helpful. It's great that you're trying to help your son with his desire to get on as a paid ff!
I only have this one VERY important piece of advice to add.
I'll start off by saying that i mean absolutely NO disrespect. I'm honestly trying to give useful advice.
I don't know how many of the questions you're asking is information for him to act on or for you to be able to be informed and keep tabs on what hes doing, and how much of it is for you to hold his hand and lead him through it.
Heres the advice- If you're doing anything other than getting out the checkbook and helping him afford school then STOP. The young man needs to navigate the rest of this largely on his own. He can ask for advice, or if you know where to find something of his yall might have like shot records. But he needs to be going and finding the stuff from outside. If he can't find records and dshs is the only place to find them. Then HE needs to contact them. HE needs to figure these things out on his own IF he wants to truly succeed in the paid fire service. My department just fired a young man 6 months in because he wasn't mature enough to handle his affairs. He got hired on special circumstances after he didn't turn his stuff in on time because his daddy knew someone powerful and then he didn't take the responsibilities and the rules seriously. These are things that get sniffed out really quickly in New employees because we spend at least 1/3 of our lives together. As a volunteer ff you understand the level of problem solving skills required to do the job. He needs to develop those yesterday fast. It will only help him in the long run! Best of luck to him.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)