AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What do you think picture is
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mr Green Jeans
Posted 6/24/2024 12:00 (#10785764 - in reply to #10785718)
Subject: RE: What do you think picture is

MT
I'm no cat expert.

What I can share is that there had been in-person discussions about a breed of wild cat once thought to be extinct. Now whether officially this wild feline has been labeled, documented, and whatnot we don't care. Someone had seen one on a heavily wooded property and eventually got a photo. For business reasons I was in that location daily. It's a location not accessible by the public and nor can it be seen from a public road. Very possible that's why these wild cats exist. Plus they have lots of cover to hide in and live without being seen.

So one morning I was out doing my daily checks and data recording when one of those cats ran directly in front of the vehicle. It had dinner in its mouth. There was zero time to snap a photo and that pickup did not have a dash cam. It was smaller than a mountain lion but bigger than a bobcat. The tail was shorter than what you'd expect it to be. The hair was dark in color but not black. If only I could have gotten a photo to study closer. That was the only one I ever saw. Mountain lions are occasionally seen and tracks found near the same general area but these wild cats are noticeably smaller in size and don't possess long tails. That one sighting of the unknown wild cat left me puzzled and wanting to see more.

Edited by Mr Green Jeans 6/24/2024 12:01
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)