AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What does agtalk know about dementia
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Little papa
Posted 6/24/2024 21:54 (#10786492 - in reply to #10786027)
Subject: RE: What does agtalk know about dementia

Hooker Twp,Ne
Know what you’re talking about. Mom passed away year ago and had been in LTC facility for about 3 months. Every time I went ( Get me out of here) All I could do is tell her that as soon as her leg was better we would talk about it. She’d call on cell phone at 5 in morning and yell ( get me out of here) I finally had to go get her cell phone and tell her there was a recall on it do to fire hazard. ( little white lie). Well after mom passed within one week my wife had a major stroke. No right side, can’t walk, can’t talk, and in diapers. Been going to LTC facility twice daily. Morning for breakfast and evening for supper. If I could take her home I would but no way I can handle her. Sad thing is those LTC facilities aren’t what I was hoping. Plate of food gets place in front of them and help goes somewhere else for awhile and finally come around when food is cold. Walk in her room and call light isn’t attached to her. Keep in mind she only has use of left arm and hand and can’t yell for help. Water and straw is for right handed person. Problem is help is hard to come by like every where else and traveling nurses show up for week or two. It turns into a constant new teaching thing every week or two. I’m wore out by noon,take a short nap, go again and some days shot by 7 pm. Wake at 2am and can’t get back to sleep. There just isn’t any good answer.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)