AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Favorite Mower Conditioner
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Jon
Posted 6/24/2024 22:04 (#10786513 - in reply to #10785565)
Subject: RE: Favorite Mower Conditioner

Callao Missouri
I have a JD 945. I absolutely hate it. The JD bar is common from one end to the other so if your drain plug comes out it roast the whole bar. When a bearing goes out the balls go all the way across the whole bar chipping teeth as they go.
The flails are really good at converting diesel fuel to smoke and noise, nothing else though. The thing pulls like a sled through the field dragging and sliding. they must use the same tung on the 15' model because the tung is too long. When you swing it over , its 3' past the edge of the crop, it also wont follow straight so constantly adjusting its width even on flat ground.

Dad has a 1431 new holland, While I have never personally operated it, his looks to float, and pull better than mine. A few years ago we had the bar out of both of them at the same time. His was less than $2500 for a couple modules, and all new shafts. Might have been less than that. My JD was over $6000 using used parts and my labor on both. I have been looking for a 1431 to replace my JD with but they seem to really maintain their value on the used market.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)