AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Help me understand this
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mr Green Jeans
Posted 6/25/2024 11:04 (#10786862)
Subject: Help me understand this

MT
We had some valuable items stored along with less valuable things at a rural location which can't be seen from the nearest county road. It's an old ranch house with no address and no mailbox along the road to even indicate a house is out there. There are no close neighbors or any other dwellings close by. This is a large ranch and all access points are gated. Yeah locks and gates are only for honest folks.

I had been concerned about theft and did what we could to safeguard at the time. A busy schedule took me away from that particular ranch and prevented from being able to make any major changes. There simply was no extra time. Unforeseen circumstances forced me to be away for an extended time. During my absence I grew very concerned about the possessions stored at the ranch and had family to go check on everything. Family moved all the valuable stuff to a secure location elsewhere.

It was discovered later that somebody came and snooped around inside the ranch house. More than likely they came at night. Out of all the frozen and refrigerated food items plus tools and other things, they apparently only took a big box full of new hardware items plus a plastic carry case.

None of the valuable stuff appeared to have even been touched or taken. No steaks taken from the freezer. No vandalism either.

I'm relieved nothing valuable was taken but still disturbed someone trespassed and stole from us.

My question is why only take the big box of hardware items stored near the tools? No tools were stolen.

They stole a plastic carry case. It was too small to put the hardware stuff inside they took.

Edited by Mr Green Jeans 6/25/2024 11:06
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)